If you would like an insight into what I’m exploring at the moment. Whether it be Apps, Hardware, Software, Technology or interesting business cases, you will find it all here. If you prefer to not keep checking back here you can always sign up to my newsletter or follow via you favourite social media.
These are my most anticipated product of 2016 and they are finally here!
Bit of background – I have been living in a bluetooth world for 18months plus so far. I have a Plantronics Voyager headset:
- it has a charging case
- it pairs to 2 devices simultaneously (Mac & iPhone in my case)
- Battery life is comparable
I really, really like it but am hopeful that the AirPods will be the upgrade I have wanted…
So how about the AirPods, I only got them today but so far:
Easy enough if you read the instruction manuals!
Connection to the iPhone is simple (Open the charging case close to an iPhone). It does pair it to the other devices (Mac, iPad & Watch) but you switch them to the AirPods “a la Airplay” (which confused me initially).
I am no audiophile but I really like them. I am listening to podcasts at the moment (99% Invisible if you are interested) and taking calls. A little music later on I feel – gotta work!
Comfort wise, they fit like Apple Headphones, if a little more snugly. They are really light and the lack of cable is epic! I have other bluetooth headphones but the cable always gets caught on my shirt collar.
When you take one out – it pauses! Love it! When you put it back in, it continues from where you left off.
When you take them both out – it stops. It doesn’t however, continue playing from where you left off…. I need to play more I think as to whether I like this.
To early to tell but the case works well and it was quick to top up. Having a pocketable charging case is great.
So far, so good.
Watch this space or drop me a line if you want to know more
Christmas for children can be the most magical time. Over the last few years as my friends have all had children and I don’t want to be Scrooge anymore. I want to remember/experience Christmas as a child again.
So 4 years ago I started to talk about an idea for Elf Day – 1st December. Where adults do the stuff they want to, to get in the Christmas spirit. Before this day – all things Christmas do not exisit (especially Mince Pies). I didn’t get around to it until last year…
Here’s my Elf Day.
- Don’t plan too much – life is structured enough as it is!
- Watch Elf the Movie… best Christmas/feel good movie ever (In My Opinion)
- Drink Baileys in proper measures (pint!)
- Eat mince pies (I’ve had Christmas’ where I haven’t had a single one and that is a criminal shame)
- Do some online Christmas Shopping (minimise the amount to be done on Christmas Eve?)
- Watch Die Hard (Christmas Movie)
- Watch stuff I’ve always wanted to
- Eat nibbles and a good dinner
- Watch Elf
- New to this year… spend this same time with my Other Half and some friends
- Oh and I don’t get dressed… PJ Day, on the sofa with the pups
It’s all about being a child, having fun and (consuming) the Christmas Spirit. However you choose – I encourage you to try it #NoChristmasTilDecember
If you try and call me on the 1st… expect me to slur or blow you a raspberry with a cheeky grin
Merry Christmas from my inner child.