Christmas for children can be the most magical time. Over the last few years as my friends have all had children and I don’t want to be Scrooge anymore. I want to remember/experience Christmas as a child again.
So 4 years ago I started to talk about an idea for Elf Day – 1st December. Where adults do the stuff they want to, to get in the Christmas spirit. Before this day – all things Christmas do not exisit (especially Mince Pies). I didn’t get around to it until last year…
Here’s my Elf Day.
- Don’t plan too much – life is structured enough as it is!
- Watch Elf the Movie… best Christmas/feel good movie ever (In My Opinion)
- Drink Baileys in proper measures (pint!)
- Eat mince pies (I’ve had Christmas’ where I haven’t had a single one and that is a criminal shame)
- Do some online Christmas Shopping (minimise the amount to be done on Christmas Eve?)
- Watch Die Hard (Christmas Movie)
- Watch stuff I’ve always wanted to
- Eat nibbles and a good dinner
- Watch Elf
- New to this year… spend this same time with my Other Half and some friends
- Oh and I don’t get dressed… PJ Day, on the sofa with the pups
It’s all about being a child, having fun and (consuming) the Christmas Spirit. However you choose – I encourage you to try it #NoChristmasTilDecember
If you try and call me on the 1st… expect me to slur or blow you a raspberry with a cheeky grin
Merry Christmas from my inner child.